#300817 at 2018-02-08 04:23:21 (UTC+1) Q Research General #368: Brick by brick, we shall dismantle the machine of fear and hate.
Here are 83 hospital and health system CEO retirements that occurred or were announced this year.
The names are listed below, in alphabetical order.
Note: This list is not exhaustive. If you are a hospital or health system CEO who shared retirement plans or retired in 2017, please contact Anuja Vaidya at email@example.com for inclusion on this list.
1. Irvine, Calif.-based St. Joseph Hoag Health CEO Richard Afable, MD, plans to retire by the end of the year.
2. Townshend, Vt.-based Grace Cottage Family Health and Hospital CEO Roger Allbee announced his retirement plans.
3. Memorial Hermann Cypress (Texas) Hospital Senior Vice President and CEO Scott Barbe retired, effective July 8.
4. Hillsboro, Ore.-based Tuality Healthcare CEO Manuel Berman is retiring, effective Jan. 15, 2018.
5. Birmingham, Ala.-based St. Vincent's Health System President and CEO Neeysa Biddle retired, effective June 30.
6. Cape Girardeau, Mo.-based Saint Francis Healthcare System President and CEO Steven C. Bjelich's retirement was effective Sept. 1.
7. Victoria, Texas-based DeTar Healthcare System CEO William R. Blanchard will retire at the end of 2017.
8. Bob Bonar, CEO of Minneapolis-based Children's Minnesota retired, effective Dec. 8.
9. Medical City Arlington (Texas) announced CEO Winston Borland retired, effective March 31.
10. Jon D. Braband, president and CEO of Glencoe (Minn.) Regional Health Services, is retiring in July 2018.
11. J. Lindsey Bradley Jr., retired as senior vice president of group operations and CEO for Irving, Texas-based Christus Health's Northeast Texas region.
12. Bloomington, Minn.-based HealthPartners President and CEO Mary Brainerd retired June 1.
13. Stoughton (Wis.) Hospital President and CEO TerryBrenny is retiring, effective June 2018.
14. Richard C. Breon, president and CEO of Grand Rapids, Mich.-based Spectrum Health, plans to retire, effective Jan. 1, 2019.
15. Portland, Ore.-based Legacy Health President and CEO George J. Brown, MD, is retiring at the end of 2017, after serving as leader of the health system for nearly a decade.
16. Charleston, S.C.-based Bon Secours St. Francis Hospital CEO Allen Carroll retired after 27 years.
17. Canton, Ohio-based Mercy Medical Center President and CEO Thomas E. Cecconi is retiring, effective Dec. 31.
18. Grangeville, Idaho-based Syringa Hospital and Clinics CEO Joe Cladouhos retired.
19. Philip A. Clayton, president and CEO of Conway (S.C.) Medical Center, is retiring, effective Dec. 31.
20. Toby Cosgrove, MD, president and CEO of Cleveland Clinic, revealed plans to transition out of his executive roles by the end of 2017.
21. Fairmont (W. Va.) Regional Medical Center CEO and CNO Margaret Coster, MSN, RN, retired, effective April 30.
22. Dayton (Ohio) VA Medical Center CEO Glenn Costie retired in October.
23. Doug Crabtree, CEO of Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls, is retiring, effective Dec. 31.
24. New London, Conn.-based Lawrence + Memorial Healthcare CEO Bruce Cummings announced plans to retire.
25. Blackfoot, Idaho-based Bingham Memorial Hospital Interim CEO Jeff Daniels retired, effective Nov. 17.
26. Evan Dillard, president and CEO of Hattiesburg, Miss.-based Forrest Health, is retiring, effective in 2019.
27. Edward Dzielak, DO, retired as CEO of Moses Taylor Hospital in Scranton, Pa., after serving the organization for 38 years.
28. Michael Faas, president and CEO of Wyoming-based Metro Health-University of Michigan Health, is planning to retire, effective 2018.
29. Jerry Fedele, president and CEO of Boca Raton (Fla.) Regional Hospital, is planning to retire in August 2018.
30. Omaha, Neb.-based Methodist Health System announced President and CEO John Fraser will retire, effective Dec. 31, 2017.
31. Dan Friedrich, CEO of Bradenton, Fla.-based Blake Medical Center, will retire after 15 years of service once his replacement is identified.
32. Jill Fuller, president and CEO of Watertown, S.D.-based Prairie Lakes Healthcare System, announced her intention to retire.
33. Hudson (Wis.) Hospital & Clinic President and CEO Marian Furlong retired Oct. 6.
34. Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Broward Health Interim President and CEO Kevin Fusco retired, effective May, 26.
35. Bayfront Health-St. Petersburg (Fla.) CEO Kathryn Gillette retired.
36. Shasta Regional Medical Center in Redding, Calif., announced the retirement of CEO Cyndy Gordon.
37. Lafayette, Colo.-based Good Samaritan Medical Center President and CEO Dave Hamm retired at the end of March.
38. Alexander Hatala retired as CEO of Camden, N.J.-based Lourdes Health System.
39. Robert (Bob) Hemker, president and CEO of Escondido, Calif.-based Palomar Health, retired after nearly two decades with the organization.
40. St. Louis-based Ascension Healthcare CEO Robert J. Henkel retired, effective June 30.